The EPA has initiated the process of enacting the following legislations that are applicable to the oil and gas industry.
- 1. Waste Regulation (The initial proposal for this regulation was Hazardous Waste Regulation. However, stakeholdersf are of the view that the law should be expanded to cover all waste categories)
- 2. Oil Pollution Preparedness and Response Regulation (this legislation would be enacted pursuant to the enactment of the Marine Pollution Bill, which is currently before Parliament)
- 3. Hazardous (and E-waste) Waste Act
The EPA is working in collaboration with other stakeholders to enact the following legislations.
- 1. Marine Pollution Act (lead institution is Ghana Maritime Authority)
- 2. Exploration and Production Act (Lead institution is Ministry of Energy)